YWCA New Hampshire Careers:
Current Openings: Missy’s Closet Sales Associate
Missy’s Closet Sales Associates are responsible for all sales job duties, from demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills, keeping the sales floor stocked with merchandise and ready for sales events, to organizing and maintaining the sales floor and sorting room.
- Proven work experience as a retail sales associate, sales representative or similar role;
- Must be available to work hours that Missy’s Closet is scheduled to be open (including time to open and close);
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices;
- Basic math skills;
- Demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Must enjoy working with people;
- Must be able to multi-task and pay attention to direction;
- Able to lift 10-20 pounds;
- Must have formal training in office procedures and use of office equipment;
- Must have the ability to communicate accurately and clearly, both orally and writing; pleasant telephone manner, and knowledge of Outlook to schedule volunteers;
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus; and
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare store prior to opening and closing according to established procedures;
- Welcome customers to the store and answer any questions;
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service;
- Assess customer needs and provide assistance and information on products;
- Comply with inventory control procedures;
- Oversee volunteers who organize donation inventory for store;
- Help with upkeep of boutique appearance;
- Organize dry cleaning/mending/steaming needs;
- Maintains professional boundaries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adaptability & Flexibility: Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Self-Motivation, Initiative & Creative Thinking: Takes action without prompting and develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
- Commitment to Quality Service: Builds and maintains client/community satisfaction with the services offered by the organization.
- Confidentiality, Integrity, Ethics & Trust: Maintains confidentiality and earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Valuing Diversity: Helps to create an environment that embraces and appreciates diversity.
- Stress Tolerance and Unflappability: Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
- Problem Solving Attitude: Approaches situations and challenges in a solutions based proactive and effective manner.
- Respectfulness & Relationship Building: Builds constructive working relationships characterized by high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Professionalism & Personal Boundaries: Conducts oneself with appropriate and expected professional boundaries and policies.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work requires the ability to ascend and descend stairs, as well as the ability to move about and position self efficiently to perform physical tasks and address emergency situations.
- Position requires the ability to monitor and observe activities of shoppers within the facilities.
- Requires the ability to adjust vision and focus to review documents and spreadsheets.
- Occasionally requires the ability to move or transport supplies or donations weighing up to 20 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work during open store hours; and
- Satisfactory Criminal Background Check
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use Missy’s Closet Sales Associate in the subject of the email.